The recipe I'm bringing to you today, is one for both the candy lover and bacon lover.
My version of candied bacon is extremely easy, even for the novice baker. I typically use maple syrup, as there are few combinations that taste better. Although, I wanted a fresh take on the recipe and was craving a different kind of sweetness. I realized I had some of my favorite pear and cinnamon jam in the fridge and said why not? It ended up being just the right amount of sweet balanced against the saltiness of the bacon.
Sweet & Salty Bacon Candy
1 lb of good quality thick cut low sodium bacon¼ cup of brown sugar
2 tsp of honey mustard (or dijon)
3 tbsp of cinnamon pear jam (or maple syrup)
¼ tsp paprika (or cayenne pepper)
¼ tsp of salt (I used Himalayan rose salt, my favorite)
1 Sheet aluminum foil
1 baking tray
1 baking rack
1. Ensure your baking rack is in the middle of your oven and preheat to 350°F
2. Gather all necessary ingredients and tools needed
3. Line your baking sheet with a sheet of aluminum foil and place a baking rack over foil
4. Mix all of your ingredients together in the bowl and mix thoroughly
5. Place bacon into bowl and mix until evenly coated
6. Once evenly coated, lay the bacon stripes flat and horizontally along rack
7. Place your baking tray into your preheated oven for 20 minutes
8. At the 20 minute mark check on your bacon and determine how much more time you will need - typically it will be an additional 30-35 minutes
9. Once done baking (will be flat, crisp, glazed, brownish but not burnt) take out of oven and place to cool for 3-5 minutes or until it is manageable to place onto plate
10. Eat immediately after or store in airtight container
11. Clean up!
| The Reason for the Rack is to Allow for the Bacon and Mix to Avoid Pooling and Burning the Bacon |
| The Best Thing About this Recipe is that it's a One Bowl |
| The Ingredients Should Mix Easily Within a Few Seconds |
| Remember to Lay the Bacon Horizontally! |
| Check Your Bacon at the 20 Minute Mark and See How Much More Time You Need |
| Final Step: Serve and ENJOY |
This is one recipe I enjoyed making as much as I did eating. Okay... Maybe a little more of the eating part but I urge you all to try this savory sweet snack! It takes less than a couple of minutes to prepare and requires low maintenance.
Have any of you made candied bacon before? What ingredients did you use?
Until next time,
Kelly
Hm, it looks delicious! I love bacon. :)
ReplyDeleteKisses, Lucy :)
stylewithoutlimits.blogspot.cz
Thanks for reading! It was definitely incredibly delicious - a perfect snack!
ReplyDeleteoh my, looks interesting!
ReplyDeleteMili from call me, Maeby